Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Current Obsession with Robots

I think I'm going bonkers for 'bots. It started last year about this time when I was asked to make an art piece for Green Star on the Go annual auction and KrE 8; the can-crushing-robot-recycler was born. Since then, I've been contemplating other ways to use robots in my artistic world.

I grew up with the Jestons, R2D2 and Rock'em Sock'em robots. By today's standards, these are quaint ideas of what is truly available with technology. Laughable even - my iPhone is more advanced than all of those archaic robots put together! But the charm of dials, buttons and metal has entranced me.

We added a robot element to the new MechanicKs exhibit at Kaleidoscape on Ocotber 8th. It is complete with buttons to push, lights that flash and 'bots to build... and still, I find myself craving even more.

It's not even what the robot can DO, it's more about the visual appeal. My Pinterest feed is filled with DIY projects of all sorts! With Halloween looming and several places to be in costume, I feel as though I MUST BE A ROBOT! Supplies are compiling, designs coming together.           
 I. will. be. a. mom. bot. 
(Waaaaayy different than a fem-bot for those in the know.) 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment