Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Cardboard Box

 
A cardboard box has been the topic of many a commercial (and conversation) when it comes to the creativity of children. How many times have we seen kids discard the toy that was in the box and play for days with it's container?  Never underestimate the power of a cardboard box!
There is a kid under there!
 Last week, I gave my children 84 cardboard boxes to play with so that I could observe. My kids are 6 and 12, so my experiment was powerful to watch as even my tween was entranced by stacking, building, and crashing.  They were both excited with the multiple ways they could use them.

The holidays are here and you will soon find your home with cardboard boxes... I challenge you to gift them to your kids and see what creativity blooms. It's pretty cool to watch.


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment